The Villa di Bagnolo

Built between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, probably adapting a more modest medieval structure, the villa belonged to the Strozzi of Florence from the early sixteenth century. For example, Piero, head of the anti-medical uprising of 1537, resided there.

It was modernized around 1742, when the appearance of the facade today visible was probably defined, and then again at the end of the century and in the nineteenth century.

Passed from heir to heir to the present day, it has never been put on sale, although the male line of this branch has become extinct since 1863. The Florentine family of the Strozzi princes remained its owners until 1965 when the last Strozzi, Roberto's wife died in 1963, bequeathed it to Cristina and Vittorio Pancrazi.

Set back from the road axis, it has a gravel driveway that cuts the lawn in a scenic hemicycle, with horse chestnuts along the surrounding wall.

The main facade shows three floors and seven axes, with a central body characterized by a double ramp staircase and a dovecote tower. On the sides there are two lower wings, intended for the servants' and farm's service areas. Nearby there is an oratory dedicated to Saint Lucia, internally decorated with nineteenth-century squares, a stucco altar with a shrine and a wall painting with the titular saint referable to the Prato Antonio Marini (first half of the nineteenth century).

Upstream there is a simpler facade, which retains a late sixteenth-century appearance organized on six axes with windows on the main floor with sills supported by corbels with volute; only the eighteenth-century portalino is later.

Inside, in the basement, there is a large sixteenth-century fireplace with Strozzi weapons. The main floor is accessed by a double ramp staircase, which leads to a large living room which overlooks rooms decorated in the early nineteenth century with grotesques, cherubs and fake architecture.

In the garden there are large flower beds between lime and secular oak trees, with a gentle slope.